Wednesday, June 10, 2009

now I've...had...the tacos of my life...and I owe it all to...

Cazuelas...Met up with some colleagues at Cazuelas for lunch which is a rare thing since I'm a notorious lunch packer. Hearing so much about all the wonderful taco trucks around Columbus -- i thought I would try some of the meats that have been mentioned in other foodie blogs. I ordered a trio of tacos with birria, al pastor and I'm pretty sure it was fish -- though my memory is failing me now. All of the meats except for the fish were mystery meats to me but a quick wikipedia search revealed birria to be a combo of lamb and goat -- and al pastor a pork delicacy.


These tacos were the best tacos I've ever had in my adult bear life. The flavor of each taco was not watered down by excessive lettuce or cheese -- and each meat was allowed to have it's unique tastes and textures showcase itself. I'm definitely a hard shell taco bear that prefers to make them at home rather then purchasing them out...but this meal might have me changing my mind. Bring on the taco trucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment