Monday, March 23, 2009

Cruise Food...

On our cruise i thought about documenting our food dining experiences...and though it would've been fun...i failed to do so.

Let me make some comments here though. Overall one of the biggest disappointments about our cruise was the food. I had heard a lot about Princess Cruises food and so perhaps there was some hype there but oh well. My main gripe was that the buffet food was consistently luke warm if not cold. One day I can understand...but it was consistently cold. Not being a big fan of buffet food in the first place this made my dining experiences that much more disappointing. I will say that all the buffet food that was supposed to be cold was very tasty including: lox, shrimp cocktail, lobster claws, crab, and cold cut sandwiches. The food that was warm was good including the various breakfast potatoes, sauteed mushrooms, eggs over medium. It was also nice to have the green tobasco sauce readily available to spicen up your food. Fortunately we did not hit up the buffet as much.

The food in the dining room was hot and pretty good. Every night you could have a 3 course meal.

The burgers and pizza were stupendous. Burgers were not cooked to order -- all were cooked well done and still were delicious. The pizza was thin crust new york style and there was a specialty pizza every day. Can't get any better than that when you are stranded on a boat in the middle of the ocean.

My favorite meal on the cruise was the jalapeno olives in the extra dirty gin martinis that somehow became my drink of choice on vacation...okay that was a joke maybe. ;)



In all honesty the last day of the cruise I noted that everything was served steaming warm including the buffet food and on that last day I encountered my favorite meal which was probably the lentil and potato samosas. I had a pheasant vennison terrine that was pretty tasty and a filet that was good too.

All in all -- there's something to be said about a hot lunch or hot supper and I was excited to resume my normal dining food temperature upon return to land.

No comments:

Post a Comment