Thursday, March 26, 2009

Restaurant Week Kick Off at G. Michaels Bistro...

Wow I'm really behind in my posting!

So Monday March 9th was the day I was feeling very dizzy from cruise vertigo but not enough to not want to hit up Restaurant Week.

Our first stop was G. Michael's Bistro. This was our first time eating there so we were excited.

After some debate Betty and I both decided to get the same thing: The seared jumbo scallop with beets in a chive cream sauce for the appetizer:


You can see from the above pictures that my vertigo carried to my photography skills.

The scallop itself was delicious and very tender. The beets though somewhat tasty in small amounts overtook the flavor. I loved the chive cream sauce but there was not enough to go around. This was my first time trying beets and they are not my favorite.



The chorizo-stuffed, bacon-wrapped short ribs with mashed potatoes, green beans and au jus. Again I apologize for the picture. The presentation of this meal was a bit overwhelming. I was kind of like where do I begin. My sister had gotten me excited about short ribs but I never really new what it was. Everything was tasty and the short rib was like an ultra-tasty-tender rib but with no bone. My only complaint was that there was too much salt for my tastes - between the chorizo, bacon, au jus, potatoes. All this being said -- would I order the short rib again? Yes.

Because I have no clue how to use my camera the picture for dessert did not show up but dessert was pretty delicious. I got the creme brulee with berries and betty got a toffee cake with toppped with a whiskey sauce. I am not sure if creme brulee is supposed to be served warm but ours was cold yet crispy. The cake was good but slightly dry

This was a great first night back to Columbus. G. Michaels seems like a nice place. I was surprised about how big it was with the 3 different settings: bar area, windows area, and then closed off dining room. I will say it was slightly strange hearing the kitchen folks bicker about how they were running out of short ribs. Everyone must have heard how tasty they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment