Thursday, May 14, 2009

Paul Bunyan couldn't down these lumbre jack burritos...

You know i might as well be the burrito king for as much as I post about them. This time around I was making use of leftovers and also using some ingredients given to me by a faculty member. I made blue corn soft tacos with peppers, onions & steak. The tacos had a layer of refried beans and chipotle cheddar underneath them. The accompanying salsa was a homemade concoction of lumbre, corn, tomatoes, red wine vinegar and lime juice. I am not sure what exactly lumbre is but if I had to guess -- I would say it was roasted green new mexican chili puree. It's heat was pretty potent that I really did not need the El Yucateco trifecta...but I like to sweat with my food. These burritos were very tasty with a heat that would've taken out the best lumber jack Mr. Bunyan included.


blue corn soft tacos with beef, green peppers, onions, refried beans, chipotle cheddar and lumbre salsa

for those wanting a closer look:

No comments:

Post a Comment