Wednesday, May 27, 2009

pistacia bear-as...

I finally found time to stop by Pistachia Veras to try some of their well-reputed baked goods. I stopped by their store and was greeted by the friendly women from behind the counter. She let me try their specialty which is macaroons. I was given their signature pistachio one and was blown away. Typically when I picture a macaroon i think of a whipped egg white styrofoamy cookie with shredded coconuts. No such item was present at their store. I decided to splurge and purchase 2 sets of their 12 set macaroons for $16 each. We shared one set with Columbus Yogurt and his wife during the Cavs playoff game and had a second set to explore and taste on our own. Betty was eager to get her paws on the cookies.




The macaroons were tasty but slightly expensive. My favorites were the pistachio and the honey lavender. The cookies were puffy but chewy and the cream filling was delightful. These desserts would make a great gift or treat for a dinner party. When we get a chance Betty and I would like to go back and sample their other baked goods.

No comments:

Post a Comment