Tuesday, May 12, 2009

sometimes cowboys need a day off...but come on now El Vaquero...

It's a pretty common fact that bears who know me know I love El Vaquero. It wasn't always this way -- but after I experienced the 141 Pollo Ranchero -- Betty and I began a love affair with El Vaquero that's run over almost a decade. One of the few places I can always eat at no matter what my mood I decided some time last year to stop the 141 cold turkey and expand out and try their other menu items. On Sunday Betty fresh back from her Chicago trip and I decided to catch up at our favorite spot -- we go to the one on Riverside since it's so close by. We decided since the weather was nice to dine at the patio. Something must have been in the air or perhaps my credit card was trying to remind me of how much damage I had put on it this past month -- but the service was off and slow; the chips tasted gritty and stale; margaritas were watered down; -- and it took 10 minutes to flag down someone to order the hot salsa and take our dinner order. Was this the same place we loved so dearly? Where have all the cowboys gone? I tried to stay cool and Betty and I decided we'd split the fajitas vallarta. The fajitas vallarta consist of steak, shrimp, and chicken, with grilled onions, tomatoes, shrooms, and green peppers.

fajitas vallarta


accompanying side of beans, pico de gallo, mexican rice

After I sunk my teeth into my first fajita -- all my worries went away and I was good. Betty and I enjoyed the rest of our meal and attributed our experience to be the exception rather than the norm for a place that we frequent so often.

No comments:

Post a Comment